A Random List of Thankfulness
Posted on July 26, 2013
by Jamieson Wolf
I have been slowly getting better. Or at least as close as I can be. For a while there, I was in a pretty sad state but I’ve been crawling out of the pit I’ve dug and am back in the land of the living.
As I’ve been getting over my frump, I’ve accomplished some amazing things. Well, they’re amazing to me. To you, they might seem ordinary, even mundane. To me, they are things I haven’t been able to do for months because I wasn’t able to.
Here’s a partial list:
- Cleaning the bathroom: I was able to do the essentials but that was it. My bathroom floors have gone unwashed since January. Trust me, you don’t want to know what it looked like. But I did it and cleaned the rest of the wash room to boot, so that kicks. It hurt afterwards, but it was worth it.
- Taking the garbage out myself: For months, one of my neighbours has been taking out my trash. I finally managed to get all the way up the stairs, around the back, and to the dumpster. I had a rough moment when I thought I wouldn’t be able to life the garbage can high enough, but I did it. Woot!
- Being able to vacuum: Again, a simple chore, but I haven’t been able to do it. It’s tough to vacuum in my place, but I’ve managed it a few times now.
- Changing the sheets on the bed: I haven’t even attempted this for months. I was changing them every week, but have you tried changing a queen size? Not fun.
- Being able to iron my clothes: For a while, I couldn’t stand long enough to do so.
There are more, but they are along the same vein. They may seem like ordinary thing, but I’m so grateful that I can do them at all.
What it showed me was that you never know what you’ll be thankful for. I mean, these are simple chores right, every day thing? However, each chore is another small step towards feeling more like myself again.
I’m grateful I can do them again, but who ever thought I would be thankful for being able to do chores?
Still, you have to be thankful for the small things. They make way for the big things, right?
Take each day one at a time! Happy for you that things are getting better,